Here are some helpful links and articles to keep you aware of important information.
ATM Usage Tips:
Below are some safety reminders when using an ATM.
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM.
- Avoid hidden or poorly lit areas.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep all car doors locked and windows up.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Notice if anything looks unusual or suspicious about the ATM indicating it might have been altered. If the ATM appears to have any attachment to the card slot or key pad, do not use it.
- Check for unusual instructions on the display screen and for suspicious blank screens. If you suspect the ATM has been interfered with, proceed to another ATM and inform your bank. When possible, use ATMs with which you are most familiar.
- Put your cash, receipt, and card away immediately. Count your cash in a safe location later.
- Always take your receipt with you.
- Never write your PIN on items you carry with you, especially your card.
- Report lost or stolen cards to your institution immediately.
SCAM ALERT (June 2014)
Phone Scam Alleging Association with USDA Farm Service Agency.
It has been brought to the attention of USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) that a phone scam is being perpetrated on FSA customers.
The caller, who identifies themselves as a Farm Loan Services representative out of Washington, D.C. states that FSA “owes” you disaster assistance funds and proceeds to request your checking account information or requests a credit card number alleging that funds will be credited to these accounts. SHOULD YOU RECEIVE A SIMILAR CALL, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PROVIDE PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION TO THE CALLER.
Please share this alert with family, friends, and neighbors.